Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 11: Ouch, this hurts!

I don't have time right now for a long post, but wanted to take a couple minutes to give an update. I'm still on track but am not liking this one iota I tell you! My good friend Ela is visiting for a few days, staying at my house.She has been raw for 5 or more years, with a great deal of time doing the 80/10/10 version, so she's also helping to keep me accountable.

One thing that I do want to clarify for the wider audience is that, while I am definitely attempting to do the 80/10/10 diet, meaning 80% carbs, 10% fat, and 10% protein, I am not claiming to do it "perfectly" or to do it to the letter of anyone else's recommendations (i.e. Dr. Graham's or anyone else's), although I do view respectfully some of these more experienced viewpoints. I see this as a process of seeing what works for me. It may be that some things, such as juicing or balsamic vinegar, are not the most healthy things (I'll blog more about juicing at some point), but I may choose to partake in such activities at times if it keeps me from going down to the curry house or the taqueria, for example. In other words, while I do appreciate respectful insight, I am doing this for myself, ultimately. I am also hoping that I can be a guinea pig, so to speak, for others who are trying to heal autoimmune hypothyroid in particular. So, just to preempt some comments I feel might be coming, I'm fully aware that:
  • Honey is not considered vegan by many folks, since it is essentially bee slavery.
  • Honey is a concentrated sweetener.
  • Dr. Graham doesn't recommend juicing.
  • Sweet fruit and nuts can prove to be a bad combination.
  • Some people eschew eating more than two (or three, or four, whatever -- depends who you talk to) times per day.
  • Tea is a cooked, processed food.
  • Balsamic vinegar and olive oil are devil's spawn.
  • High fat raw will probably kill me. :-) (Can't say I'll never have it again, and, indeed it may be imminent.)
There, I said it, and I hope you can all still find some love for me!

Today's Stats:
  • Food:
  • Spearmint tea with honey
  • 3 bananas
  • 3 peaches, 2 plums
  • (More to come ...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
I think that you are doing great! You are an inspiration to me. Keep on going...taking it one day at a time!
Karen :)

Sarah said...

No judgements here...we all do what we can when we can. I think you're doing really well!