Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 4: Getting slightly better

I'm doggedly determined about this thing this time around, but, folks, that don't make it fun. I want to be honest here. I'm not feelin' it yet. But, I have faith that this is going to have an upswing at some point. Saying that, I'm not sitting on my hands trying to stay away from the stove, so to speak. I'm fine, perfectly nourished, just hardly excited about it just yet. But who am I kidding? It's gonna take a wee bit longer than 3.5 days to change my life!

Saying that, my energy is pretty good today. Don't need a nap. I feel fine. Good enough to put one foot in front of the other, so I'm grateful for that.

If I continue to feel good I'll go to yoga tonight. I do Bikram yoga and, although I'm struggling to overcome longstanding knee tendinitis I am slowly trying to carefully work back into it, and am having to invent "restorative Bikram yoga" along the way -- not an easy task.

Speaking of my knee injury, I made a list of my ailments, which was actually difficult to do. Took me awhile to remember them all.

My personal train wreck:
Primary:
  • Hypothyroid (currently taking 112 mcg Synthroid, that's synthetic thyroid hormone)
  • Hashimoto's thyroiditis (antibodies to my own thyroid -- go figure)
  • Adrenal fatigue
  • Pituitary fatigue (not sure if that's what it's called, medically speaking)

Secondary:
  • Minor rash on stomach
  • Spaciness, forgetfulness (that's the thyroid)
  • Slow healing of wounds
  • Knee tendinitis
  • Nerve pain in feet
  • Fungus on left index finger
  • Dry scalp
  • Dry skin on face
  • Red skin on face
  • Occasional boils on face/neck
  • Acne
  • Burgeoning crows feet
  • Wrinkes on forehead
  • A few gray hairs
  • Brittle nails
  • Collapsed arches in both feet
  • Pelvic instability/strained psoas muscle
  • Clicking/pain in wrists
  • Cramping muscle between thumb & forefinger
  • Recurrent irritation at earring site
  • Geographic tongue which comes on when stressed/ill
  • Strained upper hamstring
  • Strained adductors
  • A few pounds additional weight (10?)
  • Low bladder capacity
  • Disturbed/light sleep
Man oh man is that dirty laundry or what? But I'm posting it just so that we can see what happens over time.

Today's Stats:
Food:

  • Peppermint tea with honey
  • Smoothie of strawberries, banana, dates
  • 2 satsumas, 1.5 bananas, 1 red banana, 1 asian pear
  • Juice of spinach, carrots, celery
  • 12 g walnuts
  • 3 red bananas, 2 satsumas, 1.5 c watermelon

No comments: