Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 3: Trudging On

I am so incredibly tired today. Could hardly wake up this morning. It felt like I had a big bale of cotton stuffed into my brain. I had a headache last night thanks to my coffee overdose yesterday (knew that was coming) and I still have the slight remains of that. The kids want to play and I'm just too groggy to move. The sky outside looks how I feel ... gray.

I've been concerned that I seem to be hungry constantly. Seems like I'm grabbing fruit every hour or two. I'd really like to just eat three or four meals, but that's not happening today. Yesterday it seems like I ate 5 or 6 times. I'll try not to stress about it, because I'm sure my body is adjusting.

Hopefully I'm nearing the end of the initial awful cleanout stage. I'm sure I've got a lot more inner housekeeping to do, but the first few days of anything are always the worst with the withdrawals.

I have an interesting thing to note today, but let me start at the beginning. I've done pretty well eating mostly 80/10/10 raw for about the last month. What I'm counting as Day 1, a few days ago, is the day that, no, I'm really doing this and I will no longer break down and eat a cooked meal. I just won't do it anymore. Well, I started my cycle yesterday, and I wouldn't normally post such things in a blog except that, extremely notably, it was the first time in my life that, unmedicated, I had absolutely no pain from cramping. None. Zilch. That's definitely a new thing.

Today's Stats:
Food:
  • Peppermint tea with honey (so I'm not a complete purist yet! I'll let this go at some point.)
  • 5 bananas
  • 2 bananas, 1 mango
  • 1 huge tomato from my garden
  • Juice from about 8 carrots, 1 bunch of spinach, 1 bunch celery
  • Salad: head of romaine lettuce, 1.5 cups spinach, 3 chopped brazil nuts, 6 chopped dates, 1/2 cup orange juice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you don't know, 811 diet doesn't include any juiced food at all (with the possible exception of orange or grapefruit juices as they maintain the fiber). Combining dates with nuts also is not a good idea. I don't want to criticize but just inform. Hope all is well.

Stacy said...

My diet HAS been 80% carbs, 10% fat and 10% protein. I am aware that I may not be adhering strictly to every ideal recommendation of Dr. Graham's, but it is still 80%/10%/10% even if I'm not doing it in the same way that someone else would. This is what's working for me right now.

The issue about juicing is something that I personally view as more of an ideological position than a provable one, at least where I stand today.

As for dates and nuts, yeah, I've been around the block on raw foods enough to know that it can cause problems, but it's not causing problems for me right now, and I know my body will tell me when it is.

I appreciate your comments, but I'm also not going to stick to someone else's recommendation to the letter for the mere sake of sticking to it to the letter. I have to make it workable in my life too or I'll have to give it up entirely.