Monday, October 29, 2007

Rethinking the day

My fantastic friend Ela just left today, and I've been pondering where to go from here with this diet. It's apparent to me after the last few days that I can't eat crap forever! It makes me feel yuck, and a different, more useless kind of yuck than what I was feeling on 80/10/10. My skin is worse, and I feel a bit crazy. I suppose I may just have to accept on some level though that "yuck" is going to describe me for awhile, even on the 80/10/10 path.

My husband commented something about that with Ela here it was a perfect opportunity for me to eat raw food, and why did I falter? But thinking about it -- and this is something I've noticed with myself before, like at potlucks and whatnot -- that being around other raw food people can actually trigger me to eat cooked food, probably because I get freaked out by the "severity" of the diet. It scares me for some reason. I think I'm only just beginning to understand this. And that feeling at the same time that I was dealing with a thyroid flare-up I think set me off kilter.

So tomorrow I'm back on the "80/10/10 (almost)" bandwagon. I think I'm going to add a bit more fat starting out and see if that makes a difference with the cravings, as an interim gesture. I've also decided I'm not going to post my food, but may mention it. It's too much effort to track it and I don't have the time, and I also worry a bit about the psychological aspects that can accompany such obsessive tracking: It could drive a wooden woman crazy! (That was one of my Texan grandmother's old sayings.) I also NEED to try to eat more calories. I think that was messing me up too.

2 comments:

tyha said...

Good luck to you along your journey. I have found that more calories helps tame my cravings.. Dates are my winner right now with all the Halloween candy around dates and a glass of pure OJ really do the trick! I'll be thinking of ya.

Stacy said...

Thanks, Tyha. I'm just getting a chance to check out your blog today. I appreciate your support.